Au Pair program
So what is actually an Au Pair?
Au Pair program is an international exchange program that allows you to live with a native family abroad helping them with a childcare.
This is a cheap and pleasant way to travel, gain experience, learn a new language and dive into a different culture.
What are prerequisites to become an Au Pair?
The requirements of the Au Pair program vary depending on the country. To become an Au Pair in Spain you need to comply with following requirements:
- Age between 18 – 30 years
- Genuine love to children
- A basic knowledge of Spanish.
- A good knowledge of English or another language, since families are often looking for someone to teach a language to their children.
- Clear criminal record
- Previous babysitting experience reference will be a large plus
What else should you know to become an Au Pair is Spain?
There are a lot of platforms and recourses, where you can register and find a host family. After you find one and get an Au Pair contract in Spain, there are also some steps to take care of:
1. You need to get a medical insurance that covers the whole period of your stay.
2 You need to register for an intensive Spanish course. A host family usually pays the course, but when applying, make sure that your timetable doesn’t overlap with your childcare duties.
Au Pair status gives you a lot of privileges and discounts in museums, swimming pools, entertainment programs etc.
Our language school is not an exception. Send us a message and learn what discount applies to your course.