Foreigners’ identity card and NIE
Congratulations! Now you are a part of the team!
Along with the visa you received a legal number (NIE). This number is assigned to you to carry out legal activities on the territory of Spain and will not change due to expansion or residency modification. Now you need to get a foreigners identity card (TIE).
In order to apply for a card you will need:
- Confirmation of the appointment (cita previa);
- TIE application form (EX-17), download it here: Formulario_TIE
- Find out how to feel in an application form for TIE
- Original passport and photocopy of it’s main page along with visa photocopy
- 1 photo in colour with white background, A photo for visa is not valid
- Government fee (€16,08), which you should pay in cash at any bank using a 790 NIE form, code 012. Find it here:
- Tasa790_012 Fill it in and print it out
- El padrón a registration in Barcelona or around
- Certificate on course registration
In order to submit these documents, you need to book an appointment on the website.
Select the office: ” Cualquier oficina”
In the next line select “POLICIA – TOMA DE HUELLA (EXPEDICIÓN DE TARJETA…)” and click “Aceptar”. On the following page click “Entrar”, fill in the form and click “Aceptar”.
Select a day and time suitable for you and click «Imprimir».
Download and print out an appointment.
Here you go!