Student visa up to 180 days (D category)

This category of visa is issued for the period from 90 to 180 days.

This type of visa is easier to obtain than long-term visa, because it doesn’t require either medical certificate or certificate of no criminal record, but you will have to leave Spain before the visa is due.

For this type of student visa you need to submit the following documents:

  • A completed and signed visa application form in Spanish or English. Here you have the form
  • Two photographs (3,5×4,5), in color, on a light, plain and uniform background
  • International passport (previous international passports) with photocopies of every page
  • National passport with all the pages with information
  • Overseas medical insurance coverage, issued by the company authorized to operate in Spain. Its duration should cover the whole period of stay as well as repatriation costs in case of accidents or severe illness. It is always better to apply for Spanish insurance; you can make it online.We recommend that you take a look at ASSSA Seguros, a trusted health insurance.
  • Confirmation of school registration (Proof of full course payment, registration (matrícula), admission letter and course program)
  • Proof of accommodation, stating address. (it could be rent agreement or invitation from an individual with a copy of Nota Simple Informativa, issued within three months before the start of the course) as well as the ID copy of the inviting person
  • Proof of financial reliability cover all expenses while the applicant is in Spain and expenses to return to their country and, when is applicable, those expenses of their families, according to the following amounts: The sufficient sum is calculated from a minimum of 600,00€ per month.
  • For those under 18, birth certificate, notarized agreement to leave the country from both parents which states the name of the school, course duration, information on the guardian, responsible for the child, and the original of notarial writing on the responsibility of the guardian


It is required to translate all the documents into Spanish (excluding passports)

Each document is submitted with a photocopy

Photocopies are done after translations have been legalized

The Consulate may invite the applicant for the interview and request for any other documents